The Commercial Television Industry Code of Practice regulates program content on commercial free-to-air television, including:
- program classification;
- accuracy, fairness and respect for privacy in news and current affairs;
- non-program time on television; and
- placement of commercials and program promotions.
We value audience feedback as an important way of keeping in touch with community opinion.
The Code of Practice sets out a formal complaints process for matters covered by the Code of Practice.
If you believe Ten Tasmania has acted contrary to the Code of Practice you should contact us. If you wish the station to reply formally you should follow the guide below.
By Electronic Form:
The Complaints Officer, Ten Tasmania, Level 1, ABC Centre, 1-7 Liverpool Street HOBART TAS 7000
Your complaint should include:
- Your name, address, and telephone number
- Name of program, advertiser/product or program promoted
- The station on which you saw or heard the program/advertisement
- The date and time you saw or heard it
- Reasons for your concerns
Complaints about the content of an advertisement should be directed to Advertising Standards Bureau: www.adstandards.com.au
Ten Tasmania will provide a substantive written response to all written complaints about matters covered by the Code. Electronic Mail is not considered as a formal written complaint unless it is submitted via the Free TV Australia website using the form provided.
If you would like more information about the complaints process you can obtain a copy of the Code by downloading it from the FreeTV website or by writing to:
44 Avenue Road,
Mosman, NSW, 2088